Saturday, October 24, 2015

Spooky Town



I brought the kids to Spooky Town at the Town Square since Jaiden was dancing at it.  Josh was throwing a major temper tantrum before we left because he wanted to do the McDonald's hamburger eating contest.  I said we could try and get there by then but I had a lot of things to do that morning and wouldn't make any promises.  Then I got busy with primary stuff (it is our program tomorrow) and so we didn't leave in time for the contest and Josh was throwing a fit.  Thankfully he calmed down once we got in the car.  

We dropped off Jaiden with her dance team and then I walked around to all of the booths with the other kids. The kids enjoyed the free booths that were giving out candy and little prizes.  We didn't buy any tickets for the inflatables since they were pretty expensive.  There was a toy booth with lots of fun toys for only a dollar.  I gave each of the kids a dollar to spend (because I am so nice, ha ha!). 

Jenna bought a toy wooden snake and Josh bought some pizza.  Then after Jaiden’s performance we took her around with us and Jaiden bought an umbrella with her dollar. Then little spoiled Jenna got all sad and sulky (as evidenced in the picture below) because she wanted an umbrella too. I told her that she had already chosen the toy snake but that didn't make her feel any better.  So of course I gave her the lecture about gratitude (and ingratitude).  She sulked for a while until she forgot about it.

The weather was nice but it was starting to get plenty hot (even though it is almost Halloween!)  Welcome to St. George weather! 
 



No comments: