Friday, March 10, 2017
Josh Talent Show
I went to Josh's talent show today. He told me that it was coming up and I asked if he was planning to juggle again like last year. He said, "No, I think I want to sing." I was very surprised! He has never shown much interest in singing or piano or anything like that until this year (except for his elementary school choir which he has done for three years). But this year he tried out for a choir solo -- twice, and also for a solo during their Chinese program (short one line solos) and now he decided to sing for his talent show!😀
He decided on the Lion King since he sang it for our family CD a year ago and was already familiar with it. Janelle is the one that helped him with it and taught him the little actions. He did great!! He still needs to work on being more expressive, but that will come the more he performs. His friends were very supportive and cheered him on and I even noticed a few cute girls from his class coming up to him afterwards to tell him how well he did. Click HERE to watch him sing!!
Josh is also showing more of an interest on the piano and even wrote his first song! He definitely wants to be a caroler next year and I think he will also audition for the play at his new school next year.
Speaking of piano -- Rick is teaching the kids piano again -- which often involves tears (from the kids -- not from Rick). Janelle is teaching the kids too and the kids like her better because she is more patient. Rick has Josh and Jenna taking music quizzes on the ipad and e-mailing the results to him. They have to get a certain percentage correct on each one in order to pass.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment