Our niece, Abbee, got married today! This morning our family left for Manti in two separate cars so that Rick and I could attend the wedding in the Manti temple -- one of my personal favorites! It stands out like a majestic castle on a hill as you drive towards the small city of Manti, Utah.
As soon as we arrived in Manti, Rick and Jared and Josh went to the grocery store to buy lunch. He hadn't wanted to spend the money to go out to eat, but then ended up spending $60.00 in groceries instead! We went to a park and the kids started making their sandwiches. Rick and I grabbed a bite and then hurried to the temple. The sealing was beautiful. I always love the spirit I feel during temple weddings!
Jared and the kids met us at the temple and so they were able to be there to see Abbee and Bobby emerge from the temple doors. The group took pictures afterwards and Rick took Jared, Janelle, and Jaiden to do Baptisms for the Dead while I kept an eye on Josh and Jenna. Josh and Jenna decided to ride with Grandma Jensen back to Ogden. The rest of us went to a park to eat (again) and Rick and I took a little nap on the grass. Unfortunately Rick left his glasses in the grass and we didn't realize it until it until it was too late. We had Janika call one of her friends who lives in Manti to look for them, but he couldn't find them. Oh well, he was due for a new prescription anyway.
Hopefully we can include some pictures that the photographer took later, but in the meantime here is a snapshot of the happy couple coming out of the temple. Jared said that Bobby's suit was "fresh" and he wouldn't mind having one of his own!
Rick and Jared met up with Janelle and Jaiden and me in American Fork where we attended the wedding reception of Ryan and Rachel Chandler. Ryan is Valerie and Greg Chandler's oldest son. Valerie and Greg served in my mission and Valerie was one of my very favorite missionary companions! When I saw that they were having a reception in American Fork on the very day we would be driving up North, I just knew we had to attend! It was so fun to see Valerie and Greg and catch up on life for a few minutes! I am so grateful for great friends in my life!
We ate some yummy treats and then continued on our way to Salt Lake where we spent the night at my mom and dad's house. It was a long day, but a good one!
Friday, August 11, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment