Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Janelle Graduation

Janelle graduated from Snow Canyon High School this morning! Last year the high school graduation ceremony was virtual due to Covid. This year it was outside at the high school football stadium (I am assuming this is still due to Covid) instead of at the Burns Arena at Dixie State University, like it usually is.

Honestly, I would have been fine with the virtual ceremony that they had last year where pictures were all taken beforehand and the ceremony was all professionally recorded. Instead we sat in the sun in sweltering heat on hard bleachers with a spotty sound system trying to tune out the chatter of the people sitting behind us. Janelle sang (along with the other Senior Madrigals) and I tried to hold up my camera with the heavy zoom lens frustrated that the people behind me wouldn't shut up. Needless to say I didn't get a very good video. I still might add it to this post when I get a chance. 

But anyway, Janelle is graduated and very ready to move on! We were going to take her out to lunch at Cliffside, but there was an hour wait and the streets were filled with traffic due to all all of the graduations from the various high schools that were taking place at the same time. So we went to Lamys, which is just a few blocks from us. I had never been there before and it was quite good! Janelle then met up with friends to go to Gunlock Reservoir for kayaking and cliff jumping! Janelle had a great time at high school and we are grateful for the amazing friends she has! We look forward to seeing what the future holds for her! 











Here is a HUGE poster that Jaiden helped make, along with the other Exec Council members! 


No comments: