Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Jaiden's Graduation from Snow Canyon High School!!!

Jaiden graduated from Snow Canyon High School this morning! Jaiden has done very well in high school! She was incredibly involved (a little TOO involved) and accomplished a great deal! When she was doing Sterling Scholar the instructions said that they could link to one on-line document in their portfolio. She could have added a link to a page on the Distinguished Young Women website that had a nice picture and bio of her. That was one idea. Another idea was to link to a blog page. I recommended this to her because then she could basically copy and paste her entire resume into it and easily update it. So check out her blog: JaidenJensen.blogspot.com to get an idea of just how busy this girl was all throughout high school! After Sterling Scholar was finished I added her Sterling Scholar portfolio and some of her other awards to the blog. It is just a fun way to keep everything in one place. 

Now for graduation. Last year was the first time they had graduation on the football field and we ended up on the west bleachers and it was extremely hot and uncomfortable! So this year I vowed to show up an hour early to get seats on the east bleachers. It ended up being more like 45 minutes early, but still early enough for the good seats. It was well worth the extra wait. We were in the shade most of the time and the temperature was very comfortable. Our poor graduates were another story! First of all, the turf is apparently way hotter than the surrounding area. I could feel the temperature rise as soon as we walked on to the football field after the ceremony. Second, they got new caps and gowns this year (I was sad about that because I had just purchased Janelle's cap and gown last year and figured I would get a year off from buying new ones, because I figured that Jaiden could wear hers). But alas, it wasn't meant to be. They changed the caps and gowns so that everyone has the same gown (instead of blue for the boys and green for the girls, like they did in the past.) The material is also much thicker material and so our poor graduates were probably dying! 

Since Jaiden was graduating with a 4.0, she got to sit on the front row and be in the first group of students to graduate. (She is the first child in our family to graduate with a 4.0. The older four children all had a 3.9, which is awesome too!)  She also sang the musical number with the Madrigals. I scanned in the entire program and put it in Dropbox if anyone is interested in it. I also cut and pasted a few things from the program into a collage for this post. After graduation Rick and I took Jaiden out to eat at a restaurant called Bishops. Then Jaiden took a nap and headed to a dance rehearsal. (The busyness won't let up for her until her Senior recital is finished next weekend!) Then she headed to Grad Night with her friends! Congratulations, Jaiden!! (And congratulations to us as parents -- five down, two more to go!!) 


I just have to explain the significance of her "splits" picture. Just a few days ago a "memory" came up on Facebook that I had written in 2010 after Jaiden's kindergarten program: 

Right near the end of her kindergarten program, Jaiden gets down on the floor (in her dress) and does the splits. Ummm...sweetie, I don't think that is part of the program! I think only those of us in the front row saw her but I was laughing so hard that tears were rolling down my face!








No comments: