One of the responsibilities for the top five winners in the State Distinguished Young Women showcase is to return the next year to help out with the next year's showcase. I had an interpreter job this morning and another one in the afternoon, and then I grabbed Jaiden and we headed up north to Janika's house to spend the night. The next morning I brought her to the school where they were hosting the showcase (same place as last year) and then went to the Draper Temple for a session since it was only five minutes away.
I came back later that night to watch the showcase. It was fun to watch -- I was surprised at some of the results! Jaiden's friend, Gwendolyn Dooley was on of the participants. They had a lot less girls than Jaiden's group last year -- only 17 girls as compared to 28 in Jaiden's group. Now I guess Jaiden is officially finished with her responsibilities. It was a lot of work being involved with Distinguished Young Women last year, but well worth it!
Jaiden's write up in her letter to Janelle:
On Friday I got up and got ready and then went to help at state! when I first got there they were doing a run through, so I just helped girls change into their various dresses or costumes throughout the show. I got to watch some of them perform and it was fun!! then we had lunch and it was such a blast getting to know all the girls, and seeing the girls from last year!!! after that we all started getting ready for the actual showcase and it was SOOO exciting!
I helped people get dressed and run through their self expression answers and stuff and being on the dressing room made me miss it Soo much!! like I wanted to go out on stage and perform haha! also they did the same fitness routine I did so I was like AHHH PTSDDDD but it was funny
the showcase ran really smooth and then I basically just had to go on stage and pass out awards and take pictures with the winners haha! it was really fun!! I was surprised by some of the winners honestly but I'm sure they will do great.
After the showcase we went to Janika and Brandon's and ate dinner and I did some homework and then we went to bed! today we went to church and it was the primary program and it was SOO FUNNNN they let the kids write their own parts based on specific topics 
and they had a Sunbeam sing a solo of I love to see the temple it was AMAZING it was so funnyyyy 
she was adorable and pronounced half the words wrong lol....anyway we are just driving home right now so I should be back in cedar soon!! And Todd Christofferson is coming to speak to us tonight how exciting is that??? it's my first time seeing one of the apostles in person lol I'm stoked! I have three chem assignments to do by tonight which is also fun 

but guess what?? it SNOWED LAST NIGHT!!! LIKE IN CEDAR!!! so I wasn't there but Emily said it was still snowing this morning and I'm SO EXCITED TO GO PLAY IN IT!! anywayyyy I hope you have a great week I love you tons!
%20crop.png)
%20crop.png)
%20crop.jpg)
%20crop.png)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
%20Crop.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment