Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sickies, Snow, Singing, and Stuff!!

I was glad that it was nice weather for Jase and Ellen's visit over President's day last weekend. They drove home right after his presentation last Tuesday. There was a big snow storm coming and so they wanted to hurry home. Jase said that his presentation went well -- it had something to do with the research he did at his internship at John's Hopkins last summer. I drove Jaiden to Utah Tech to meet them and then they dropped her off in Cedar City and drove home. They said that there wasn't any snow (yet) and so their drive was fine. Tuesday I worked my regular classes and that night I went to a camp meeting since I was asked to help with the service project for girls' camp. 

I brought Josh to the doctor Wednesday since he has been sick at least once a week for the past four months. Basically the doctor said that they have seen a lot of cases like that post-Covid. But he said everything looked and sounded good. Josh actually seems to be getting better though, thank goodness. But now Rick is sick! He went up north for a meeting on Wednesday night and came home Friday, picking up Jaiden on the way. Thankfully he missed most of the storm. Thursday I was supposed to drive to my class in Cedar City, but one of the other interpreters was heading back from her class in Cedar City that morning and she called me and said the I-15 was horrible. She said it was a total white out with cars driving 25-30 mph. She advised me not to come up if there were any other alternatives. Thankfully I was able to get a sub who lived in Cedar City and so I didn't have to drive up. It worked out since another evening interpreting job opened up that same night and I grabbed that one instead. Jared had to pick up Jenna and bring her to dance though, since Rick and I were not home to do it.

Friday I interpreted for classes all day and then went to Costco to get my tires rotated. I had a note in my calendar to do it this week and got it done Friday. But as I typed this I went to check my calendar and realized that I just had my tires rotated last December and so it wasn't even time to do it again! So I basically did it for nothing -- ugh!! Well, not for nothing, but I could have waited another three or four months! Oh well! I got some shopping done while I was there. I got home at the exact same time that Rick and Jaiden did. I spent the evening putting together my RS lesson for Sunday. Rick had come down with a cold and went to bed early. Jaiden spent the evening with Maddox. Jenna had decided to go on a self-imposed phone fast. I think the constant notifications and drama from all of her huge friend-group texts were making her crazy. So she stopped using her phone for a full 24 hours. Pretty impressive for a 14 year old girl! She spent the afternoon and evening with friends. Josh went with Max and Ethan to the Contact climbing wall. 

Saturday I went to an interpreter workshop at Utah Tech and it was really good!! I was really glad that I went. Saturday night me and Jaiden and Maddox went to go see The Drowsy Chaperone at Utah Tech. It was hilarious! Rick was supposed to come too, but wasn't feeling well. Jenna went to the Stake Youth Dance and had a fun time. Josh's plans with friends fell through and so he just stayed home and watched "Avator." Sunday I taught my RS lesson on Elder Gary Stevenson's Conference talk, Nourishing and Sharing Testimony. Such a great talk! I felt like the lesson went well. Jaiden and Maddox sang in church for Brandson Averett's missionary farewell. They did a great job! Jaiden and Maddox did the Come Follow Me lesson today too and did a great job on that also. Jenna fixed Chinese food for dinner while I was trying to figure out Janelle's hiring paperwork for FSY. That's my week!! 

No comments: