Saturday, March 23, 2024

Jenna, Snowboarding

Jenna went snow boarding for the very first time today! She went with the young men and young women to Brian Head. She LOVED it!! Now she wants to buy all the gear and so again, ha ha! She is also very sore!! 

Jenna's write up: 

I got to go on a snowboarding/skiing trip with the youth from my ward and it was SO FUNNN!!!! At first I was a little nervous about snowboarding because everyone said it was very difficult to learn but I was so glad I chose it. Since I had never been before, my young women’s leader, Paige, said she would teach me. It was a bit terrifying because my feet were strapped to the board in the boots, and it was hard to control. We had to get on the ski lift before I even knew how to snowboard. I was dead. Me and Clarissa were on either side of Paige and we both pushed into her and we all came crashing down hahaha. At the top of the hill she started to teach us what to do to keep balance and stuff. Clarissa got it down pretty good and left down the hill. 

Paige’s son Ethan came up to her as she was teaching me and said that the guy he was teaching just wasn’t getting it at all. She said, “I will go help him, and you help Jenna.” I was so scared at this moment because me and Ethan liked each other the year before, and things didn’t end well so I was sure he hated me. But he ended up being a really good teacher and he wouldn’t let me give up even if it hurt. I was so surprised at how much fun I was having with him and how we clicked so easily again. Clarissa and Andrew were snowboarding together and so were me and Ethan and I was so happy. Me and Ethan started texting again after snowboarding, but I eventually stopped texting him because I didn’t want last year to repeat itself.

No comments: