Saturday, June 14, 2008

Girls' Camp


Here is Janika with her friends at her first year of girls' camp. (She is the one on the left with the pink jacket around her waist).

She returned home this morning looking tan and reeking of camp-fire smoke. She chattered away about her snipe-hunting adventures and showed off her cross-stitch and crochet projects. She sung her camp songs for us. (I think Janelle and Jaiden will be singing "God Bless My Underwear..." for weeks to come. )

She said that she had lots of fun and talked of the spiritual moments too, like their closing testimony meeting.

I am glad she had a good time. We really missed her at home. When Janelle asked, "Where is Janika?" I explained that she was at girls' camp and wouldn't be home until Saturday. She looked horrified. "Saturday???" Then she burst into tears!

We are glad to have her back! Welcome home Janika!