Saturday, September 29, 2012

Marriage Conference

Rick headed up a marriage conference at the Dixie State College cabin in Pine Valley.  We had about ten couples and had a great time!   We had a presenter who was a marriage counselor and who was also fluent in American Sign Language who had been scheduled to come down from Salt Lake to be our presenter for the weekend.  However, a friend of hers passed away and so she cancelled just days before the conference.  Rick was stressed wondering what to do. 

Luckily Brother and Sister Coombs were able to come at the last minute and they were wonderful!  I wish I had thought to get a picture of them while they were presenting.  They are currently service missionaries for  LDS Family Services.  He was a Seminary/Institute teacher and also a marriage counselor.  He and his sweet wife have 8 children and have served three missions.  They were extremely qualified to teach us!  They only drawback is that they don't know sign language and so Rick and I had to interpret everything.  It was still fun though! 

Friday night Brother Christensen prepared dutch oven chicken and cobbler.  After the presentation everyone wrote goals and then we played some fun games.  The cabin is really big and we each had our room room with a queen bed.  We are spoiled by our wonderful king bed at home though and Rick and I did not sleep well at all!  Rick was snoring and was not happy every time I nudged him.  He offered to go out and sleep on the couch but I didn't take him up on the offer.  I thought, "Won't that look good.  Here we are at a marriage conference and I am making my husband to sleep on the couch!" 

Saturday we had a wonderful breakfast of bacon and eggs and pancakes and then were taught again by Brother and Sister Coombs and then separated as couples to write out "I love you because..." and "I felt the most loved when..."   After everything was cleaned up we headed to a local park for lunch and then took a tour of the pine valley chapel. 







No comments: