Janika is 17 years old today!! She spent the day with the carolers today singing at a retirement home, Zion's Factory Outlets, a private party, and Tuacahn. We didn't get a chance to celebrate with her at home but at least she had fun singing, performing, and hanging with her friends! The other day Jared was joking around about how we had so many kids because none of them turned out as we expected and so we just kept trying our parenting skills in hopes of the next one being better. He said, "So Jenna should be perfect!" (I had to stifle a few coughs here). I said, "Actually, I think we pretty much hit the jackpot on the first one -- which is why we decided to have six more!" And it is true. Janika is a rare gem. She is beautiful both inside and out. She is funny and creative and is always trying out new concoctions that she finds on Pintrist -- whether it is a recipe for a new dinner, a face wash, or even a mixture for scrubbing the bathtub. She curls Janelle and Jaiden's hair everyday before they go out caroling and often does the girls' hair for church. She is a wonderful cook and if she comes home to find nothing in the works for dinner she will often get to work in the kitchen by coming up with some yummy dish. She is amazing -- I seriously don't know what I would do without her. Happy Birthday, Janika! We love you!

Janika with her caroling partner, Tommy Cox
Janika with her cute friend, Emily Theobald
1 comment:
wow! I can't believe she is 17 years old already! That is crazy! She really is such a cutie and so sweet.
Post a Comment