Wednesday, November 11, 2015

YW Night of Excellence SOCKS

Tonight I attended Janelle's Young Women's of Excellence night with her.  Rick opted to stay home with the other kids.  Sommer Shipp, the mom of Britton Shipp, spoke. This is the the blog that Britton's sister put together to document their journey through this ordeal: 

Britton goes to Snow Canyon HS and lives a few blocks from us (but in another ward).  Sommer said that her husband and daughter had spoken a lot since Britton's accident but she had always managed to get out of it because it was just too hard on her.  But she said she couldn't turn down the young women's leader in our ward who is a good friend of hers and decided to do it.  She said it is still hard because they are still going through it.  

She also showed a video that her daughter had made of the events of the past year and Britton's progress.  I was wishing that I had Kleenexes with me!  Britton came too.  It is a miracle that he is alive.  He still has and will continue to have so many challenges. I can't imagine everything their family has gone through! 

There were also blessings that came as a result of the accident.  She talked about the outpouring of love and support that came as a result of the accident.  She said that meals had been brought in for 193 days straight after their son's accident.  The outpouring of love and support led Britton's Aunt to investigate the church and she and her husband and four kids all ended up joining the church.  

Janelle and two other girls had been asked to sing "Walk With Me" from the Primary Children's Songbook at the end of the meeting.  I wondered about using that song, but they slowed it way down and sang it in harmony and it actually turned out really nice. It was a really neat evening.




No comments: