Friday, March 15, 2019

Disneyland Madrigal Trip (Spring Break)

Every other year the madrigals at my school has the opportunity to go to Disneyland, and this year was that year! Everyone had been anxious for this trip and we were all so pumped. At the beginning of Spring Break we packed up and headed up to Anaheim, California. I had been starting to get sick and so I had to wear a mask for part of the drive (We had some issues with sicknesses for the last trip and so Mr. Moore said anyone feeling "germy" had to wear a mask.) Anyway, it was a good long drive. We got there pretty late and checked right into our rooms and went to bed. In my room we had Ellie Kenworthy, Heidi Wakefield, and Annie Bearden.

The next day was our first day in DISNEYLAND! Everyone was excited. The first ride that we went on was Indiana Jones. It was great. Everyone had kind of split up into different groups that they stayed with. Some people would switch around groups though so our group usually ranged from about 9 to 12 people. We went on a lot of rides and then met at Toon Town at noon for the workshop. For these workshops we got to go backstage and learn a song from a Disney movie and they record it. Then they take the clip of the movie and remove the original voices and put in our recording. It was really cool! We learned two songs, the one from Frozen and one from The Princess Frog. It was fun, but I was still kinda sick and couldn't really sing. I just lip-synced most of it.

After that we kept riding rides and just enjoyed the park. We went on all kinds of rides in Disneyland. At the end of the day our group went to IHOP (It was across the street from the park). Then we went back to the hotel. That night there was a little issue with one of the groups being misinformed about the bed-check time and so some of the people were late including one of the girls from our room. They got in trouble but since it was a misunderstanding it was fine. We did have a little meeting about it the next day though.

Anyway, the next day we spent most of the day in California Adventure Park.  Overall, I think I liked these rides better than the Disneyland ones because they were more thrilling. Guardians of the Galaxy was awesome, let me tell ya. I could talk all day about that ride. We went on it twice and it was awesome. That ride used to be Tower of Terror, so it is a dropping ride. Another one of my favorite rides was Incredicoaster, which we also went on twice. That was a fun ride. I think that was all fun and then Guardians was terrifying and fun, but they were both awesome.

Another fun one was Radiator Springs in Carsland. That was a good one, and we went on it a couple of times. It starts out as a normal ride and then you come up next to another car and race them. We also went on other rides to like Soarin and went back to Disneyland a couple of times on this day. And we got ice cream once it got later. It was great. Anyway, after that we went to bed and everything and left early in the morning.

The traffic in LA was HORRIBLE and we got to our performances later than planned. We performed in a couple places there and then continued on the long drive. We were originally going to stop at the beach for an hour but the traffic was bad so we could only go for a half hour. I didn't bring a swimsuit so I wasn't planning on getting completely wet, but that was up until literally the second wave knocked me down and I got soaked. So after that I just swam in my clothes cause I was already wet.

Most people brought other clothes on to the bus and changed in the bathroom on the bus but I hadn't brought other clothes, so at the first stop I tried to find my suitcase with my clothes but I couldn't find it in time and so I traveled the entire drive with my wet sandy clothes. They dried pretty fast though, the only annoying part was that I had sand in my hair. Anyway, we got back to the school at a little before 4 in the morning. I came right home and went to bed without even changing my clothes. And then I slept in til 11:30. The trip was seriously so awesome and I'm so glad I got to go! I love all my fellow madrigals so much and it was a blast going to the happiest place on earth with them. It was a party!









No comments: