Sunday, March 31, 2019

This Week

Tuesday Jaiden's tumbling job conflicted with her Musical Review rehearsal. I let her tumbling coach know and said that she would miss the first hour but that I would pick her up a few minutes early from rehearsal so that she could be there for the second hour class. When I went to pick her up all of the doors to the high school were locked! I tried doors all around the building and they were all locked. I finally found one that was open for the cheerleaders, but then the doors from there to the rest of the school were also locked. Jaiden doesn't have a phone and so I couldn't call her. I tried texting her friend and the director to send her out. She finally came out -- five minutes late and so she was very late for her job. I was pretty stressed by that time! 

We give our kids phones at age fifteen (with limited features and NO social media) if it seems like they can handle it. There are pros and cons though. A definite PRO will be getting off of all of many of Jaiden's group text lists! She loves to be involved and since she doesn't have a phone she uses my number for everything. I like being on the YW text list and rehearsal schedule, but not other things, like student council when they are trying to make decisions for things and I get EVERYONE's texts and responses -- Including things like, "We are meeting in Mr. Ord's room right now for a lunch meeting!" I text back and ask someone to please let her know since she doesn't have a phone.

I am on the group text list for her student council, NJHS, NJHS officers, YW, young women's presidency, Musical Review, Dance, and sometimes even friend group text lists. One time there was a group of friends and one of them said, "So who is all on this text list?" Her friend started naming off the friends on the list and then said, "and Sister Jensen!" Last month I even got a text from a boy at her school telling Jaiden that he thought she was cute and that he liked her!! I could have had a lot of fun with that one (I am sure Rick would have, if it had gone to him!) but thankfully I am a nice mom and let Jaiden handle it. 

Tuesday night was also Jenna's first soccer practice and the RS birthday party that I went to. They had us bring baby pictures and then had everyone try and guess who they were. I don't look anything like my baby pictures and so no one guessed mine except for one person. She guessed 18 out of 20 correctly -- which seemed totally impossible to me! I could only guess two or three correctly! We told her she should be a private investigator or something, ha ha!  They had a light dinner and so get to know you activities. It was very nice, with beautiful decorations. 

Wednesday I brought Josh and Jaiden to the Orthodontist after school. Jaiden gets her braces off in three weeks!! She is SO excited! I was in charge of the Young Women's activity tonight and asked Danielle Ray in our ward to come and teach the girls about skin care and make up. We had a good turn out and the girls really seemed to enjoy it. 

Thursday my new ministering sisters came over and it was nice to visit. They also brought over some gluten free treats, which was nice! I then met Rick at his office for a personal DMBA financial planning meeting over the phone with a DMBA representative. DMBA is the insurance we have through the church. They provide these meetings every so often, which is nice. Rick plans on retiring when he is 60 -- which is only 9 years away -- and so we wanted to make sure we were on track.  

Thursday night Rick picked up Jaiden from rehearsal to bring her straight to tumbling and I brought Jenna to her first soccer game. Her friend, Anna, had come home from school with her wanting to see her "spa" and ended up coming to the game with us. 

Saturday morning Rick got up early and went to the temple. I went to Madison Barney's bridal shower (Janika's childhood best friend). I brought the girls with me and then I brought Josh to his soccer game. It was a beautiful spring day and perfect weather for a soccer game! Josh and I both got a little sunburned though! They lost. Fall season Josh's team was undefeated and so they moved up a level and this season they have lost every game so far! So it was been difficult for them going from winning every game to losing every game! It was a great game though -- very close! I enjoy watching soccer!  Tonight Jaiden went hot tubbing with friends.

Sunday we went to church. The YW and YM taught the primary classes so that the primary teachers could go do the fifth Sunday adult meeting -- which was on finances. The speaker is in the Bishopric and knows a lot about the subject. He only made it through half of the information and we would have been interested in seeing the rest! 

Rick had the "Come Follow Me" lesson and he wanted to do it on the temple grounds and so we went there and had a great lesson. At first the kids were whining because we were still fasting (we are trying to do a little better with fasting) but the turkey wasn't finished yet anyway. We came back and had a nice dinner or turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy and vegetables. Then I brought the kids to the park so that we could play soccer and burn off some of our dinner! We invited the Williams over too. I LOVE Sundays!  


No comments: