Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father's Day Flee: Day Four; Traveling to Draper

(Sunday): This morning we had a simple breakfast and then had a church service with talks by Amber and Ethan and then had the sacrament. Instead of a testimony meeting this year the Dads decided to let the kids write down questions on little slips of paper and put them into a bowl and then we had a group discussion answering the questions.

We sang "Oh My Father" with bells as a musical number (and as a practice run before singing it at the Father's Day party later that night.)
After our church services we hurriedly packed our things and cleaned up and took a couple of group pictures! It was a fun Father's Day Flee! I feel really blessed to have such a wonderful husband who is an amazing father! He always puts so much work and planning into these activities to make them meaningful, spiritual, and fun!

Our family headed out for our long drive to Draper for the Westra  Father's Day party and Curtis's family headed to Snow Canyon Park to go to the Lava tubes. Some of the cars left earlier than others. Janika and Brandon took Jenna and Janelle with them and stopped by Brandon's sister's house in American Fork to see their sweet new baby boy!
When Rick and I went to leave Pine Valley there was no one with him in his car! I wished that Jared hadn't left with Jase and Ellen because then he could have driven my car and I could have gone with Rick and had a nice visit! I am okay driving, but I would always prefer not to if given the choice! Oh well, I least I got to listen to my audio book!

No comments: