Saturday, June 20, 2020

Father's Day Flee: Day Three

(Saturday) This morning I went running again in the morning while Rick and Curtis fixed a big breakfast of pancakes and sausages and eggs. Then Jase and Ellen taught an awesome lesson with lots of neat insights. Then they sent everyone out for some "ponder time" for thirty minutes. I was valuable for me and I wrote a lot of thoughts in my journal.

The kids played lots of games throughout the whole time we were here (ping pong, Foosball, pool, basketball, Scum, murder in the dark...).
This afternoon we all went to Mountain Meadows Massacre and Rick taught us about what happened there. It is such a heavy topic -- so tragic -- and it was SO hot outside! We did the small hike and looked at the monuments.
A couple of weeks ago we found Janika's little camera from her mission and Jenna asked if she could have it. I said that she could and so ever since she has been having a great time taking lots of pictures! Here is a collage with a few of the pictures I found on her camera...
Notice the little humming bird. There was a hummingbird feeder right outside one of the windows and there were so many hummingbirds buzzing around it! There were also two birds that flew right into one of the lodge windows and fell to their death. Sad!

We came back and Jared and Raquel taught their lessons. They were both excellent! I have been SO impressed by the teaching of our returned missionaries on this trip! Rick put the kids in charge of fixing dinner tonight (hamburgers and hotdogs) so that we could get ready for family pictures. I really wanted to get family pictures since this was the first time our whole family has been together since before Jared's mission! I will add those pictures into the next post. Raquel also did a photo shoot of Jenna and Janelle and they turned out really pretty!

Tonight was another rousing game of murder in the dark and then Jared and Rick told scary stories with the lights off. I kept falling asleep during Rick's story. He is an amazing storyteller, but I was SO tired!!

No comments: