Thursday, July 9, 2020

Yellowstone: Janika and Brandon


We had the opportunity to spend a day at Yellowstone while in Island Park, and it was honestly way cooler than I thought it would be! My experience with national parks is just mountains, cool rocks, hiking, etc. In Yellowstone, not only is there a bunch of really cool wildlife that you just don't see every day (buffalo, bears, etc.) but the nature is AMAZING because there's just nothing else like it! If I understood correctly, the entire park is in/on a volcano (if/when it decides to erupt, it will pretty much take out a three state radius on all sides. it's HUGE.)

 Because of the volcano, it creates a really unique environment that leads to cool things like natural geysers, hot pots (that literally boil sometimes, even in the winter - naturally!!) and more. It was definitely my kind of park also because it's big enough that you have to drive from site to site instead of hiking through the whole thing, though we still did quite a bit of walking haha. All in all, it was gorgeous and I was so intrigued by the unique-ness of it all! I would highly recommend taking a trip up there! 


No comments: