Friday, April 16, 2021

Michelle Robinson: A Dear Friend

We received news today that our dear friend, Michelle Robinson, passed away. Rick put together a little slideshow that he posted on Facebook. You can view that HERE or on the link below. 


Rick served as a performing missionary for a good part of his mission. He and his companion were asked to put on numerous firesides and they traveled to different areas speaking and singing. Michelle Robinson was a ward mission leader and also served as their accompanist. She was gifted on the piano and loved to accompany them during their missionary firesides. She and Rick became great friends through serving together.

I often heard stories about Michelle when Rick and I were dating. I remember when she called him at his apartment one time while I was there. Rick took the call in the other room to tell her all about me. Boy were my ears burning! Through the years Michelle would often call Rick -- or me -- and have long conversations. She would tell me about everything going on in her life and she would also share funny stories about Rick from his mission. 

We were able to meet up with Rob and Michelle when Rick was assigned to teach EFY at Rohnert Park in California. Michelle also came to visit us in Utah and was there when I was pregnant with Jenna and we made the announcement to our children that we had one more baby on the way!

Michelle often sent us letters and pictures and I always tried to keep her updated on what all of our kids were doing through the years. Michelle was loud and had no problem speaking her mind. She kept us laughing! Michelle was an amazing lady and she will be missed! We love you, Michelle! 



No comments: