Tonight was a combined YW/RS activity to spotlight our Senior girls! It was held in Robyn Parry's backyard with a nice spread of food. (Only I ate a gluten free cracker that had either almond flour and flax seed in it, which made me really sick. I was kicking myself for not checking the ingredients first!) Thankfully I was able to make it through the program before becoming really sick. Jaiden, Janelle, and Emily sang their beautiful rendition of "Come Thou Fount" and Jan Broberg sang "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Miserables. Each of the moms were asked to fill out a questionnaire for their daughter's spotlight. I have included Janelle's below! They also showed a nice slideshow of pictures of the graduating girls. Those graduating were Janelle Jensen, Sophie Smith, and Tayli Morris.
Senior Spotlight Questions:
Name: Janelle Jensen
Favorite book: The Hunger Games Series
Favorite food: Lasagna
Hobbies/Talents: Singing, Sleeping, Reading
Activities: Madrigals, Seminary Council, Musical
Productions, hanging out with friends, hiking, working at Papa Murphy’s
Pizza.
Favorite movie: Doesn’t have one.
Biggest Fear: Isolation
Describe your daughter
in 3 words: Pure, Spiritual,
Compassionate
Interesting Fact: Janelle has always been very expressive and
talkative. In the fifth grade she won first place in district in the
Storytelling Festival. She was also a Hands in Harmony Caroler for several
years.
Plans after High school: Janelle plans to serve a mission and then
pursue a degree in Occupational Therapy.
What is your favorite
thing about your daughter?
Janelle cares about
other people. She will often ask me about my day and expresses gratitude
freely. One line in her patriarchal blessing states: “You have been blessed
with eyes to see the hurt in others and with a heart to heal.” I love this
sentiment and it describes Janelle perfectly!
Anything else you want
to tell us about your daughter?
Janelle has always had a
desire to do what is right. She regularly studies her scriptures and records
spiritual insights in her study journal. She is a great teacher and will be an
awesome missionary! Janelle is beautiful inside and out! I am so grateful that
she is ours!
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY4gmz5G9-g)

.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment