Saturday, November 9, 2013

Nov. 4-9

Monday (Nov. 4): Today is Derek and Danielle's 6th Wedding Anniversary!   I interpreted Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at Dixie like I do every week.

Tuesday (Nov. 5):  I had an early interpreting appointment this morning and then ran a few errands while I was out.  I taught my ASL class tonight like I do every Tuesday and Thursday.  Jared, Janelle, and Jaiden had a "students-only" piano recital at their piano teacher's (Lisa Dunkley) house.

Rick and I went to the temple tonight at 7:00 and so I finally got to see the new movie!  When I had gone to the ASL sessions, they didn't have the new movie ready with ASL yet.  There was so much more emotion with this one -- I really liked it!   But it is really difficult having temple night on a school night -- especially so late -- so I think we will stick with the Deaf Branch Temple Night which is on Saturday nights at an earlier time.  It works so much better with our family. 

Wednesday (Nov. 6) Josh went to a fieldtrip with his school class to go see "Peter Pan" at Dixie High School.  They always do a fabulous job on their shows.  Jenna had an extra playgroup this morning to make up for a missed one last week.  The kids had piano lessons after school and then Jaiden had her weekly jazz/hip hop dance lesson and the older kids had Young Mens and Young Womens. 

Thursday (Nov. 7):  Today is my mom's birthday!  Jenna went to playgroup this morning for three hours and so it was nice to have a few hours to get things done at home.  Tonight Rick and I went to the Jim Brickman concert at Tuacahn and really enjoyed it. 

Friday (Nov. 8):  On Fridays we have Scouts at my house after school.  I also work that day and so I have very little time to try and get things cleaned up before they come.  I finish interpreting at 1:00 and then hurry and pick up the kids from school at 1:15.  Then we have Scouts at my house at 2:00 (I am the Bear Leader).  It is always stressful trying to hurry and get the house presentable before everyone arrives.  We combine with two other wards and so we have 8 Bear Scouts and three leaders.  We played Charades for Scouts and then boys had a fun time. 

That evening Rick and I went to his Seminary Faculty Party.  They have their "Christmas" party in November because December is so busy.  I am grateful because if it was in December I would have to go alone with Rick is out caroling every night.  I was grateful that they made special gluten-free accommodations for me so that I could enjoy a delicious meal and dessert with everyone else.

After the party Rick and I walked over to the high school to watch Pineview's production of "The King and I."  Rick doesn't like that play but wanted to support his students who are in it.  We also wanted to support their director, Annie, who used to be one of our carolers several years ago.  They did a great job with the show and I was impressed with their talent!

Saturday (Nov. 9):  Rick and the carolers had an all day rehearsal today -- starting at 6:00 a.m.  Yuck!  The kids always want it early so that it will end earlier and they will still have some time for fun.  I would think that teenagers would want to sleep in!  It is difficult to sleep with a houseful of teenagers in my basement singing and playing bells!  I do enjoy listening to their beautiful music -- just not at 6:00 a.m.!  Corri Theobald provided a big delicious breakfast for all of the carolers. 

We have been trying to squeeze in driving time with Jase and so Rick took him driving today after the rehearsal.  Then Rick and I went to the adult session of Stake Conference tonight.  Rick always grumbles about "one more meeting" when it comes to Saturday night Stake Conference.  But I love going because it is one of the few times I get to hold hands with my husband and actually pay attention to the speakers without constant distractions from kids! 



No comments: