After the funeral and graveside service, Jaiden and Janelle went with Shane and Alicia to their house in Lindon in order to attend their cousin Adria's birthday party. It was her 9th birthday. The kids had a blast at the party and were SO excited to be able to sleep over at Adria and Rella's house!
Janika had been planning on going to her High School Sadie Hawkins Dance tonight with her friend, Eric Theobald. They were planning on doubling with their caroler friends, Tori and Trent. But then we learned that my Grandma's Funeral was today which caused a change of plans. I felt bad about Janika having to cancel her date for Sadie Hawkins, but she handled it very well and I was so proud of her attitude and maturity.
While we were up North Janika wanted to take the opportunity to go see her friend, Brandon Healey," perform in his high school show, "West Side Story" in Ogden since it happened to be opening that weekend. We were very grateful for Gerilyn and her willingness to take her so that she could go see it. Rick and I had our own plans for the evening and were grateful that everything fell into place for that as well.
We slept over at my mom and dad's again. Sunday morning we were planning on getting family photos done since Alicia had offered to take some for us. But we woke up to rain and snow and it was very cold. So we cancelled the photo session. We went to sacrament meeting and then headed home. It was Fast Sunday but most of the kids only fasted for breakfast. Rick and I fasted until we got home.
We picked up the girls from Shane and Alicia's. Alicia said that the party was pretty crazy with about twenty girls! She had made each of them these darling bags and our girls loved them. We were grateful that everything went smoothly for the weekend and glad that we were able to attend my Grandma's funeral. I have really thought about my grandma and her life a lot since then.
My mom had a couple of big tubs of clothes that were my grandmas and asked me to go through them and see if I wanted anything. She had lost a lot of weight during her last years and was pretty tiny and most of the clothes were too small. But there were a few jackets that fit and I have ended up really liking them and I always think of her when I wear them!
Sunday, November 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment