Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Vegas Get-Away!!

When Rick realized that he and the kids were out of school the day before Thanksgiving he suggested that he and I go out of town to Vegas Tuesday night over to Wednesday to get some relaxing quality time together before the crazy caroler schedule began.  I thought that sounded like a great idea and so we left Janika in charge of all of the kids and took off Tuesday right after school.  We stayed at the Red Mountain resort which was about twenty minutes away from the strip.  The resort was really nice!  I think we will definitely go there again!  We decided to go work out at the fitness center first before it closed for the evening and then we went out to a delicious all-you-can-eat buffet. 

We brought two laptops because we thought we would have time for some journal writing and so forth but the time went too quickly and we didn't even use the computers.  The resort had a really nice spa which included a steam room and sauna.  We enjoyed that and also went swimming in the outdoor pool, which we had all to ourselves.  We went back to the buffet for lunch.  We were planning on seeing "Catching Fire" in the theater at the resort but missed the time and so we headed back to St. George and made it just in time to see it.  We LOVED the movie!  It was a nice little retreat.  I love spending quality time with my honey! 

No comments: