Saturday, February 20, 2016

Scout Expo



Saturday 20:  Rick went to Las Vegas today to interpret all day. He was excited to get some hours in.   He stayed overnight and came home early the next morning.
Meanwhile I brought Jaiden, Josh, and Jenna to the Scout Expo.  Since Josh's car was one of the winners at our ward's Pinewood Derby, he was given a "golden ticket" that enables him to compete at the Pinewood Derby held at the Scout Expo.  He was excited.  I told him it was just for fun and to remember that he was competing with the other winners from all over the area and so not to be disappointed if his car didn't win anything.  Then he ended up taking first place -- ha ha!

The kids had a great time at the Expo -- they had all sorts of booths and games and treats.  They kids were able to roast hot-dogs and apples filled with marshmallows and caramels, race cars, make and shoot paper rockets, get snow cones, see real falcons and other animals.  They even had a big rock climbing wall and obstacle course and some really neat things.  I had purchased the ticket -- which gets the whole family in and then everything else was free.  The ticket included a a huge list of coupons, freebies, and buy 1 get 1 free deals and so forth.  It was definitely worth it!  I brought all of the kids to Denny's afterwards with some of our coupons.   

Janelle had invited some friends over for "a party."  They wore PJ's, watched High School Musical 1 and 2 in the basement as they ate ice-cream and popcorn.  It was a gorgeous day.  I went for a walk and was starting to get a little too warm!  Jase had his preference dance tonight.  He went with a friend from his work and said that they had a lot of fun. (Pictures to come later).






No comments: