Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Geckathon -- Josh

Josh was really excited about participating in the Geckathon (his school triathlon) this year! They swim 300 meters, bike 4 miles, and run 2 miles. It was a busy morning! I got Jenna off to choir and pinned up sections of Janelle's hair and applied make-up on both girls for Warrior Idol and then dropped the girls off at the library so that they could walk to school. I had Jared drop Josh off to Sand Hollow so that he would be there on time for the Geckathon. Jared decided to skip his morning class in order to watch him compete. We watched him swim, and he did well! I think swim team last summer really helped!

Then we drove to a couple of stops along the road to watch him bike and then watched him run. They do two big laps around the school. We saw him running and thought it was his first lap and waited and waited for him to come around again. Turns out it was his second lap and he had already finished!! I felt bad that we didn't see him finish! Oh well. He got a good time and even beat Jared's time by about three minutes! His time was 46.32. Way to go Josh!!










No comments: