Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter and General Conference!

Saturday we all slept in. This is the first year we didn't bring our kids to the city Easter egg hunt. We just had our own hunt!!  We really enjoyed General Conference today. Rick and my Dad and Jared went to the Priesthood Session at the church and then went to Carl's Jr. I think that will be a good change to combine the High Priests with the Elder's Quorum. I dropped the kids off at the park and then went to two Bridal Showers in our ward. I checked at the park after and the girls were still there having a great time. It felt so good outside! We came home and the older girls hid eggs for Josh and Jenna and Jenna's friends, Clarissa and Audrey.  

We had a nice Easter. The kids got their Easter baskets this morning and then Rick and Jared made our traditional "Conference Crepes." They were even better than usual now since Jared works at the Crepery and was able to share his knowledge. We really enjoyed conference this weekend and were touched by the amazing spirit felt during the talks and music! All of the kids took notes -- even Jenna! During the break the kids dyed Easter eggs. 
 





Tonight we had a delicious turkey dinner and then Grandma and Grandpa Westra played games with the kids while Rick and I skyped Janika and tried to figure out a time to go up North to meet Brandon's parents! I think we are going to come up this weekend and go to the Jordan River open house with them and then out to dinner. 


No comments: