Sunday, April 29, 2018

Janika's Family Bridal Shower and Wendy's 50th Birthday

Rick and I were going to do an over-nighter for my 50th birthday, but we couldn't find a place and it was one of the only free weekends we had and so my mom and I decided to throw Janika a bridal shower that day instead. My mom was gracious enough to host it at her house and helped with all of the preparations and food.

I didn't leave for SLC until Saturday afternoon because I didn't want to miss the ADA workshop at the Deaf Center presented by Wing Butler. Rick surprised me after the workshop with a little party. He called me up and had me wear a princess crown and boa and had everyone sing and sign "Happy Birthday" and then he gave me several silly gag gifts. He brought ice-cream and ice-cream cones to share with everybody there. It was a little embarrassing!
After the little party party I came home and took a nap and then the girls and I headed to Salt Lake. We arrived about 8:00 p.m. that night and then I went grocery shopping to get some more food for the shower the next day.

Today was my 50th birthday! We all went to church on Sunday. Janika and Brandon came a couple of hours before the shower to help cut up watermelon and canteloupe and help with other food preparations. We had chicken salad from Costo on croissants rolls with added grapes, lots of fruit and a couple of veggie trays. For dessert we had the big chocolate cake from Costco and cookies. The bridal shower went well. We had a great turn out from both sides of the family and we were glad that Brandon's mom and sister could come too! We had lots of yummy food and Janika got lots of really nice gifts. Janika got lots of really nice gifts!  My girls and I left around 8:00 p.m. to head home. We made good time and arrived around midnight. It was a long day but it was nice to see everyone and visit with family! Janika said that she felt very loved and grateful from all of the support she received!!




Birthday Card from Janika (It was left in my car for a while which is why it looks so hammered!)



No comments: