Sunday, April 8, 2018

Jordan River Temple Open House!

Today Rick and I attended the Jordan River temple open house with Janika and Brandon and Brandon's family. This is a special Temple to me. I am pretty sure that I attended the open house as an 11 year old before the temple opened originally on June 9, 1979. When I was 12 years old I was able to walk through the doors in order to do baptisms for the dead. When I was 21 years old I was called to serve a mission. I entered the doors of this beautiful temple to make sacred covenants with my Heavenly Father as I received my endowments. Years later on April 15, 1994 Rick and I attended a session together, as we had many times before. But this night was different. This night we wandered around the grounds on that beautiful spring night and he got down on one knee and asked me if I would marry him. I asked if he would take me to the Celestial Kingdom and he said YES. Then I said YES I would marry him! Three and a half months later on a warm day on July 28, 1994 we knelt across an altar of God in this temple and were sealed for time and all eternity!! I am so grateful for  temples where we can receive the ordinances necessary to allow us to be sealed with our loved ones forever and return to live with our Father in Heaven someday!

No comments: