Today was the 20th anniversary of 9/11. It was designated a day of service. Janelle, Jenna, and I went to join our ward in picking up garbage along Santa Clara Drive, but we were late and it was finished by the time we arrived. Then Janelle and I went to listen to Jenna's Choir sing "We Remember" at the commemoration ceremony at town square. They had a prayer by a Jewish Rabbi (who I believe was in New York at the time of 9/11) and a moment of silence and also a talk by someone in the police force who was also there. It was a touching service. I can't believe that it has been 20 years. I will never forget where I was and what I was doing when I heard about the horrific events of 9/11.
Here is Jenna's Choir. I am off to the side and so at a terrible angle for filming. Jenna is on the front row, right next to the boys. Jaiden spent the morning taking the ACT again and Josh had a soccer game.
Janika and Brandon invited Landon and Sol over for a service project -- making a blanket for refugees.

No comments:
Post a Comment