Saturday, September 18, 2021

Evan's South Jordan Baby Shower!!

Friday afternoon I watched Jaiden and Janelle sing the National Anthem at the Constitution Day ceremony at the Santa Clara City Hall. After that Jenna and I headed up north! We had stopped at the library and picked up some books on CD and ended up listening to The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson) since I had never read it before. Jenna practically has it memorized and so she let me know if the CD ever skipped or messed up! We stopped at Costa Vida in Fillmore on the way and I ran into Craig Johnson -- a former boyfriend from my USU days! So that was fun to visit with him and his wife, Jackie, for a few minutes!  

I dropped Jenna off to stay at her cousin Rella's house and Ani was invited to sleepover too. So they had a fun time! I headed to my mom's and we stayed up and watched a movie called "Gattaca," which was an older movie, but really good! The next morning Mom and I did an exercise swim. Later that evening we headed to the shower in South Jordan. There was a really good turn out! From our side of the family we had me and Jenna, Grandma Westra, Alicia, Adria, and Rella Westra, Danielle and Ani Westra, Kim Westra, and Jen Blackham and Sol Blackham. Gerilyn and Grandma Jensen came down from Ogden. They had more family and friends from their side of the family.

It was fun to visit with everyone and show off baby Evan! Ellen received lots of nice gifts for him! Unfortunately, Evan came down with Covid six days later and we wonder if he picked it up from the shower with everyone holding him and passing him around. But no one was sick that we know of so I guess we will never know for sure if he picked it up there or somewhere else.

Jenna went back to the Westra's house and went to church with them on Sunday and I stayed at my mom and dad's house and went to church with them. I left later than expected and Alicia invited me and Jenna over for a delicious dinner before we headed back to St. George. It was a fun little get away! 



No comments: