Thursday, September 30, 2021

Jensen Update -- September


Homecoming: Jaiden was on Homecoming Royalty and so she was in the Homecoming Parade and Homecoming Assembly, and then she ended up winning Homecoming Queen!! Click HERE for the full post. The video is below (scroll in 3:00 for the announcement):  

Jaiden went to Homecoming with Lane Reeves and had a great time. 

Janika and Brandon came down for the weekend and went to Count of Monte Cristo at Tuacahn Saturday night. 

Evan's Baby Blessing was on September 5th so it was nice that Janika and Brandon were with us for that! 

Jenna sang a solo at the Stake Baptism and did a great job (I accidentally put that down in August, but it was actually September.)

Our family helped put up and take down flags for Labor Day. 

The YM/YW went boating. Josh missed it due to work. Jenna was able to stand up to surf holding the rope and Jaiden was able to throw in the rope and surf. 

Jaiden retook the ACT. She went up four points in Science, but down two points in English. The other two remained the same. So her superscore was two points higher overall and her regular score was one point higher overall. 

Jenna's choir sang at the 9/11 Commemoration at the Town Square. 

The girls sang, "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" in Sacrament Meeting. Click HERE to hear their song.

Josh has been busy with soccer. He is on two teams and so he has several hours of practice a week along with a few games each week. When he doesn't have practice he sends out a text to a group text list asking who wants to go to the high school to practice even more soccer. 

On September 17th Rick and I went to hear Jaiden and Janelle sing the National Anthem at our local "Constitution Day" at the Santa Clara City Hall. 

 

 Jenna and I came up North for Evan's Baby Shower. It was well attended and turned out very nice. It was nice to have a little get-away and visit with family! 

Grandma and Grandpa Westra came down the next week. They came to see Josh's soccer game on Monday night and then went to see Count of Monte Cristo at Tuacahn on Tuesday night. Scott stopped by for a visit on Wednesday, since he and Amy were also in town, and then Dad and I went to see Josh's other soccer game. Thursday we brought Mom and Dad to see Jase and Ellen and Evan and their apartment. Jared came over also in order to visit with them. It was fun to have them come! I just realized that I didn't take any pictures to document their visit! That's not like me! 

Janelle and I went on the Temple Quarry hike. Go to the blog for more pictures and details!  

The next weekend was Swiss Days. Jaiden sang with the Madrigals and Jenna sang with her choir.

This was the first year that no one in our family has run the Swiss Days 5K! Josh probably would have, but he had a soccer game in Cedar City that morning. My friends and I hiked the Kanarra Falls. Click HERE for pictures. 

Rick and I were the sacrament speakers in the ASL Branch. I used my hike with Janelle as the object lesson for my talk! (Click HERE for my talk).

I had really been enjoying interpreting for several classes at Dixie State University. But then two students dropped out and I lost all of my classes. I was SO disappointed! I still have plenty of interpreting jobs, as always, but I really loved those classes! 

Janelle and I both happened to have the same day off and so I went walking at the sand dunes at Snow Canyon with my friend and then brought Janelle shopping for shoes for her mission. I brought Janelle walking with us last time we went. 

A friend of mine (another interpreter who is a young mom with three young children) asked if I would present at a little mothers group that she held once a month. Since this was a group of younger moms I  I presented about the ticket system that we did with our kids when they were younger.

That is our September!! 


No comments: