Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tiger Pants


Josh just barely turned two and he is already telling me what he wants to wear...like the PJ's with lions and tigers on it that he received for his birthday last month.

When it is time for bed Josh shouts, "I want tiger pants!" If they are clean, then I pull them out and he laughs excitedly like he has just reunited with a lost friend and shouts, "Tiger pants!"

But if they are not clean it goes like this...

"I want tiger pants!"
"Sorry honey, your tiger pants are dirty -- how about your soccer pants?"
"I want tiger pants!"
"They are in the wash..."
"I WANT TIGER PANTS!"

Tantrum begins. Who is this child? If I hold Josh horizontally at arm's length during a tantrum (so that I don't get kicked) then it looks just like he is swimming. "Hey look everyone," I shout, "Josh is doing the front crawl!"

Poor Josh...maybe his tiger pants will be clean tomorrow.

No comments: