Rick took Friday off work and brought all of the kids to see the baby that afternoon. Each of them came in carrying a bundle of roses and a little card that they had written. It was really sweet! I was excited to see them after being cooped up in that little hospital room by myself all day. They each got a turn to hold the baby and were really cute with her.
All of the nurses at the hospital have been wonderful and have treated me really good. I was diagnosed with Celiac about five months ago and so I can no longer eat any gluten. So the staff in charge of food preparation had to make special "gluten-free" meals and snacks for me, but they were very accommodating. I didn't sleep much the whole time I was in the hospital and so I am excited to sleep in my own bed tonight! Rick brought me home Saturday afternoon and of course all of the little kids were right in her face touching and stroking her. Josh is so excited to have a little sister and has been really soft with her so far but of course we will really have to keep an eye on him to make sure he is being careful. He noticed me feeding her and thought I was doing it by way of my belly button. Jared has always been so fascinated and protective with each new little addition to our family and today he was sitting by Jennalee reading her stories. It was so cute! My mom and dad just arrived from Salt Lake and so it will be wonderful to have their help for a few days. I am exhausted but as I look at Jenna's sweet little face I thank Heavenly Father for allowing us to welcome this precious new member into our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment