Sunday, October 12, 2008

Jennalee Nine Days Old

I've received word from our family up North that we need to update Jennalee's pictures. So here are a few taken today. Everyone always jokes how their first born gets tons of pictures taken of him or her and then it gets less and less with each baby until they are hard pressed to find a decent picture of their last born. Well, since this will be my first baby born since I started blogging, I am sure she will get plenty of photo coverage!! I am happy to report that feeding and sleeping schedules have improved greatly over the past few days. Jenna finally started sleeping in her bassinet a couple of nights ago (rather than next to me) and slept her longest stretch so far last night (six hours) -- Yeah! She has also started to take longer and more consistent naps during the day. Aaaah....sleep!!

Gerilyn (Rick's sister) arrived last night and will be here to help out for a few days. We didn't know if she would be able to come because she was in a car accident last week which left her beat up and bruised. Her arm is in a splint and sling but she is a trooper and came anyway! We are grateful for such a wonderful family!!

2 comments:

Mom of Mix Kids said...

Very cute! You can tell she's part of the family. :) Hope you get to sleep more and more. I know it's so tough running on empty.

Valerie Chandler said...

That is such a sweet baby. Hope you are feeling well...