Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My mom and dad came down the day before and stayed through Sunday in order to come to Jenna's baby blessing. Rick's mom and sister came later that night and also stayed through Sunday in order to be here for Jenna's blessing. I love having family come to visit and of course the kids LOVE all of the attention. We had a wonderful meal of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, corn, peas, carrots, candied yams, pretzel jello, and four step pudding. Janika helped me the day before by making the jello and yams. I love cooking for Thanksgiving. I love cooking TONS of food and then snacking on left-overs for a couple of days. I have much to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. Here are just a few things: The atonement The gospel of Jesus Christ A wonderful husband who is a good example and provider for our family Awesome kids Supportive extended family Good health A nice home and a beautiful area in which we live Talents and opportunities Good friends Helpful ward/branch families Great teachers and leaders for our kids Beautiful music Technology Living in a free country I could go on and on....! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: