Kids say and do the darnest things!! It is so funny whenever I hear my kids say words that sound just a little bit more mature than their young age. Like our kindergartener, for example. Today she showed me something and said, "this is just delightful!" A few days ago she she came up to me and stated matter-of-factly, "I found a red pencil and I was going to draw red lines down both sides of my chin so that I would look like a vampire but then I thought, 'no, that's inappropriate,' so I didn't!" Way to think things through, Janelle!
Speaking of "inappropriate," Jaiden had a little friend over to play the other day. We were all in the van to bring the little girl home on our way someplace and Jaiden innocently held up her middle finger to show her friend an "owie" on her finger. Immediately, all of the other kids started yelling, "Jaiden -- no! That's the swearing sign!" Well, the little girl apparently went home to her mom, held up her middle finger, and with a big smile on her face proudly exclaimed, "Look, Mom -- Jaiden showed me the swearing sign!" (She will probably never let her daughter play over here again!)
A few nights ago the little kids were in the tub and I walked into the kitchen for a minute and heard Josh yelling, "No! Jaiden -- that's dangerous!" (Again, it sounded cute for a two year old to be saying the word "dangerous.") I hurried in and there was Jaiden standing on the top of tub -- naked, wet, and slippery. Josh was right -- that is indeed dangerous. She almost slipped when I walked in and shouted, "Get down!" but caught herself. Thanks for the head's up, Josh!
A couple of days ago Josh was hovering over the baby staring at a little "thing" hanging out of her nose. Then he shouted, "Jennalee has a nose hang-nail!"
Here is one I forgot to write down in the blog: Last September Janike and Jase were selling her home-made Capri-Sun Bags at a little stand where people walked by on their way to Swiss Days. A lady came up to Janika and said that she was in charge of a Youth Drug Prevention Expo in January and asked Janika if she would be interested in selling her bags at it. She would even give her the booth for free. Jared overheard the conversation but must have misunderstood because he came home and said, "Mom -- a lady wants Janika to sell drugs at her convention!"
This afternoon we were having family home evening and we all sang "I Am A Child of God." Since we are a musical family, these songs often sound really neat with Janika and Rick singing harmony along with everyone else singing melody. Well, today was an exception. Whether on purpose or by accident, everyone was singing in different keys and it sounded terrible. Afterwards Janika gave an exasperated breath and said, "That was absolutely horrible!! We sounded like... like... a "normal" family!!!" She is so funny!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
too funny, thanks for sharing
Post a Comment