Well, the kids pretty much came up with their own makeshift costumes (except Janika who bought hers). Jase doesn't really get in to costumes much. A couple of weeks ago he accepted a paper route and so he opted to wear his "paper route" apron thingy and go as a "paper boy." Jared just taped pieces of candy wrappers and popcorn all over his clothes and went as a "movie theatre floor." Janika was "Dorothy" from "The Wizard of Oz." She has wanted that costume for a few years and finally got around to getting one. Janelle was supposed to be "Cindy Lou Who" from "The Grinch." Janika and I had done her hair in the really cool authentic way like the one in the movie (using a cup on her head and covering it with hair so that it stuck clear up), but Janelle threw a fit and bawled and so we just stuck some braids in instead. She just wore her PJ's. Jaiden was a kitty cat, Josh was a pirate, and Jenna was a little bunny (and a little devil at the party Wednesday night).
I took the kids trick-or-treating and Rick stayed home to pass out candy. Janika wanted to go with friends but her dad said she needed to stay with the family -- poor Janika! But she got plenty of friend time this week -- a Halloween party last night, a Halloween dance the night before that, and several friend get-togethers. Rick needn't have worried about staying home to pass out candy since we only had about five people show up. I think he just used that as an excuse to get a couple of hours with no children. Our street isn't a popular one for trick-or-treating -- and neither is our house since it is out of the way with an empty lot on both sides. In fact I wish next year I think we will just skip our street too since at about every other house either no one was home or they just didn't answer their door. After doing our street and the one next to it we joined the crowds in the "big neighborhood" in our ward where they have all of the cool creepy decorations and good candy. The weather was perfect and I figured that I could swipe a few of the Recess Peanut Butter Cups as long as we got a few miles of walking in!
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment