Jase just got back from the winter Klondike Derby/Campout. Here is what he wrote about it:
"Once I got to Cedar Canyon we started building snow caves and we didn't finish till night time. Then we ate dinner (cup of noodles). Then we went to bed in our snow caves. I bunked with my friend Marshall, and our snow cave was really small. The roof was about 5 inches from our faces. I wasn't that cold though (just my feet). Then we woke up in the morning and had all these fun stations we went to such as first aid, starting fires without matches, and tug of war, and something kind of like a 3-legged race. Then we had sled races with a couple boys up front pulling the sled, and a rider, and then we ran around a course to have a race. It was really fun!"
Sounds pretty cold and claustraphobic to me sleeping in a snow cave with the roof five inches from your face! But I'm glad he had a good experience!!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
There is no way I would ever sleep in a snow cave!
Post a Comment