Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Young Man Prepared

I went to Jared's "A Young Man Prepared" Scout meeting.  His Scout leader called me ahead of time to say that their troop was doing the flag ceremony so could Jared please find the missing pant leg that zips off his pants and could I please sew on his patches?  Sometimes we need a kick in the pants like that.  I know I do because I do NOT like to sew and sewing on scout patches takes me FOREVER.  So I always put it off.  But this little push motivated me to take our sewing machine in to be fixed (but I ended up sewing everything on by hand anyway -- mostly on the arm sleeves so you can't see them).  There are still a couple of patches from his blue scout shirt which need to be transferred over but of course I couldn't find it.

We did find the missing pant leg though.  Right there in his drawer along with his missing swimming suit.  Jared's troop did an AWESOME job on the flag ceremony -- it was very professionally done!  After the uniform check only three boys from the entire Stake had FULL uniform, clear down to the socks. All three were from Jared's troop and Jared was one of the three.  So -- good job, Jared!  And good job to me for making him wear it, and good job to our scout leader for making me make him.  I guess I should say "encourage" instead of "make."  The leaders did a good job with the program and presentation.  When we got home Jase said to Jared, "So...are you a young man prepared?"  Only it was in a mocking voice, but I guess I will let that slide, ahem.  Jase and Jared are always crazy and annoying and like to make me nervous  but they really are good boys and I can totally envision them as wonderful missionaries some day.  (Hopefully they mature a little by then!)


No comments: