Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day Outing

I wanted to do something fun with the kids today since they were out of school for President's Day.  Plus it is always easier to get them to do their jobs and clean the house if we have an outing planned at a specific time so that have a deadline to finish their work.  I decided to take them all to a movie.  We went to the dollar theater but it was still expensive with that many kids.  The price had gone up to $2.50 a person -- what happened to our $1.00 theater?  Plus I had also promised to take everyone to the dollar store so that they could pick out a treat.  I took all of the kids plus three of their friends and so the van was filled to capacity.  We went and saw Alvin and the Chipmunks get "Chip"wrecked.  It was okay but we were a couple of minutes late and then there was a long line and crowded theater so couldn't all sit together.  Next time I think I will just take all of the kids to the park instead -- that is free -- and probably more fun!

No comments: