Sunday, March 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Jared!

Jared turned 12 on Thursday, March 8th!  When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday he just said, "Money to buy games on my Kindle."  So that is what he got!  Along with some new socks, candy, and a kindle cover (which we have yet to order).  Jared has always been interested in rocks and so his Grandma and Grandpa gave him Grandpa Norman's cool rock collection that they had inherited.  Jared also checked the mail to receive his card and money from Grandma Jensen.  I had come down with a yucky cold and wasn't feeling well all day and so I cut my ASL class a little short.  I was grateful that my other Thursday night work obligation ended up being canceled so that I could be there for Jared's birthday pizza dinner (even though I couldn't eat any), and cake and ice-cream.

Jared celebrated his birthday on Saturday with his best buddies at Anti-Gravity.  The party was "officially" over at 4:00 but two of the friends stayed until way past bed-time -- one finally departing at 11:00 (which ended up being midnight after we changed the clocks!)  He is super excited about the new air soft BB gun he got from AJ (me, not so much, but as long as he is happy and uses caution...)   If you are wondering about Jared's bad need of a haircut, it is because he and I decided to try letting it grow out.  Rick isn't happy about it but I promised him that Jared will still look like a missionary -- we just have to get through those awkward stages in the process.

 Bridger Buehner, AJ Soderquist, Jared Jensen, Noah Stelter, Boots Fisher
 




  The coolest part of turning 12 is receiving the Priesthood.  Jared was ordained a Deacon today and received an awesome blessing.  He also bore his testimony in Sacrament meeting and it was very sincere and sweet.  Congratulations, Jared -- next week you can pass the sacrament! 
     

No comments: