I went to Janika's High School 9-11 Memorial Concert tonight. I got a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes as I listened to the music, watched the slide show, and stood for our National Anthem and clapped for those who had served in the armed forces. Yesterday was the 10th Anniversary of 9-11. I remember it well. We lived in Ivins at the time and Janika (5) was in kindergarten. I had Jase (3) and Jared (1) in the double jogger stroller as we Janika her to the bus stop. My friend was there with her daughter and asked if I had seen the news. I hadn't. She told me what had happened and I just couldn't believe it. I was on my way to our local park and I sat there at the park pushing the kids in their swings. It was so quiet and peaceful. I tried to wrap my head around all of the chaos and tragedy that was going on at the other end of our nation. I didn't fully realize the extent of the destruction and loss until I went home and started watching the news. It was so devastatingly shocking and tragic and affected all of us. I can't imagine what it must still be like for those who were directly impacted. It is truly an experience that none of us will forget!
Monday, September 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment