Sunday, June 3, 2012
Got 6 of us ready for church today and made it
to church by 8:50. We had the girls hair all decked out from a website
that I found called www.cutegirlshairstyles.com
and also www.princesshairstyles.com.
It does videos on how to do the different hairstyles. In fact, throughout
this coming week, people have stopped us each day to ask about their
hair. Jaiden got to sit on the stand and be introduced as a new member of
the church. We stayed for all 3 meetings. Jenna didn't want to go
to primary because it wasn't "her church". She asked to go with
Grandma to class. When Grandma took her into Sunday School with her,
Jenna said, "Grandma, there is no kids in here!" So she went
back to primary and had a great time.
It was Jaiden's first time fasting and it was
really hard for her. Jared was in so much pain from his swimmer's ear and
had to take Tylenol, so he had to eat a little since you can't take that on an
empty stomach. He felt terribly guilty. Jaiden and Janelle made a
cake today for dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's. We made the skor candy
bar cake. Jaiden was thrilled that she was able to crack the eggs without
getting shells in it and said it was her first time doing it perfectly.
We ate dinner and then we took off to Jodi's house so that she could take Jared
and Josh out to Jamie's house for them to sleep over. They were also
having Justin's birthday dinner for the family. So Jared and Josh were
thrilled to go there. Once that was done, the rest of us, Jase, Ky,
Jaiden, Janelle and I, played curses and had a fun time.
Monday, June 4, 2012
Today was fun and crazy! Had to get
everyone out the door and to my parents by 8:45 a.m. to take Jani, Jase, Ky,
and Kiara to Provo for EFY. (Especially for Youth.) Josh and Jared were
at Jamie's, and I left Jenna with mom and dad. Jaiden and Janelle came
with us to Provo. After the kids had all
checked in, we drove them to their dorms and dropped them all off and Jaiden
and Janelle and I headed out to the Old Spagetti Factory for our free
lunch. Well, their free lunch since I can't get a kids meal. We ate
in a train car and they thought it was fabulous! After that, we headed to
Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon and got to play in the waterfall. The
girls hiked up part of it. On the way home, we stopped at the dollar
store for t-shirts for our project, and we picked up Josh from Jamie's.
Jared decided to stay the week since he doesn't get to see these cousins very
often. We picked up Jenna and ate dinner, then came home and did a little
cleaning. It was about 8:30 when we arrived home.
Mom informed me that Jenna had invited her to go
jump on the trampoline. Here is how Jenna explains it. "She
was scared to get off the trampoline, then this kid came over. I said can
you help my Grandma get off the trampoline and he said no. I helped her
get on the trampoline and she was jumping on her knees and tummy and it was not
fun. I told her it was not fun. I helped her get off
the tramp, and she was too scared, and then she finally got off the
tramp." All this time, mom was laughing so hard she couldn't get off
the tramp."
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
The kids wanted to work for me, so I said they
could earn one penny per weed that they pulled. Jaiden and Janelle each
earned $4, Josh earned $1.25, and Jenna .50 cents. I took them to lunch,
then came home and quickly showered before I taught lessons. I took the
kids to my parents while I went into town for my own voice lesson. I had
a few errands to run while I was out by the university. I picked up the
kids around 8:00, then we came home and started our t-shirt project. We
made our t-shirts by buying the shirts at the dollar store, then cutting out
newspaper shapes, putting sticky foam letters on it that spelled our names, and
then spraying bleach so that it makes the shape that we cut out, but leaving
our names the dark color of the shirt. Three of them turned out, but 2 of
them didn't. They bleached, but we got them too wet, so the girls wrote
their names with permanent marker. They still turned out really cute.
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Jared didn't want to do any of the fun stuff
that I had already paid for, so we invited Abbee to come along with us and she
has been a trooper! We got up and cleaned, which was tough because when
Janelle was vacuuming my front room, the vacuum grabbed some of the carpet and
unraveled it. Now I have a strip of floor in my front room with no carpet
in it. She cried and cried over ruining the carpet. It must have
just caught on something. We are both sad about it happening since my
carpet isn't very old in that room. I will have to find a rug to put over
it. It's in front of the couch. The kids didn't sleep well last
night, and not nearly long enough, so it was a rough go. Jaiden
especially had a rough time. I can sure tell when she is tired.
After cleaning, we headed over to Toad's for miniature golf in black lights,
pizza and pop, and we each got $5 in arcade games. Josh was in heaven
with all the tickets that he got! It was really funny to watch them try
and golf. Made me laugh. I dropped them off at my parents again
while I went home and taught lessons. When I was done, I headed over to
pick up the kids. Jaiden and Janelle had painted some of Dad's
stuff. Jaiden painted a dog and Janelle painted a doll. We got home
around 8:15 and did baths and showers. Jaiden decided to flood my
bathroom with shower water and used all the towels for the rest of the
night. So that was a bit of a trick. I was glad I had two more
towels downstairs that I had forgotten about.
Thursday, June 7, 2012
This morning we had a dress rehearsal to get the
queen size blow up mattress put away by 9:45 because tomorrow I will start my
work day at 10:00. And since they sleep in the front room, we have to
take the bed down each day. They made it, but breakfast wasn't done
because I told everyone they had to sleep in since we get to bed late because I
work late each night. We had a huge breakfast of french toast, scrambled
eggs, strawberries and honey dew, as well as juice and milk. Each day the
girls pick out their hairstyles on the website, then I watch the video of how
to do it. People stop us all the time since they are all unique
hairstyles. We picked up Abbee at noon and headed into 21st street to Fat
Cats for free bowling and free kids meals at Costa Vida. Today only cost
me $2.84 cents for all of that, and only because I forgot to get a kids meal
card for myself. Jenna was winning the bowling until the fourth
frame. Josh and I lost. Jenna really liked the bowling shoes
because she could slide all around in them and could dance. She said,
"I don't really like these sandals because I can't do anything in
them. But I LOVE these bowling shoes because they are fun and I can play
in them. Can I keep them?" We got one of those things that you
roll the ball down to help with the speed down the bowling lane. Jenna
got a spare on her first try bowling!
After bowling we went to Costa Vida and got our
lunch. Since we ate such a huge breakfast, we ate lunch around 2:00,
which was good because dinner was going to be late because I had to work.
We came home and cleaned up from breakfast
really fast before my first lesson came. Mom had to go to EFY to hear
Rick present, so I put the kids up in the bedroom and they watched a movie
while I taught, and then played the rest of the evening while I taught
lessons. We had pizza and potato soup for dinner tonight. I had
bought a pizza from Gabe for his soccer fundraiser, and it was delivered
today. We also had made a cake, tres leches, and had that for dessert tonight.
That was a total hit! Jaiden and Janelle learned about half and half last
night; half milk and half cream, and we put it over peaches and
strawberries. Josh and Jenna were already asleep. So we had a late
night snack of toast with jam, and peaches and strawberries with half and
half.
Now it's quiet in my house. The kids are
all laying in bed reading books. The little kids get to sleep on the
mattress in the front room, and the girls are upstairs. I have to clean
up dinner and call it a night myself. Tomorrow we are going swimming at
the new North Ogden Aquatic Center. It's got water slides and a
playground in the pool. We will pack sandwiches and a cooler so we don't
have to worry about food. I have to work in the morning, and then we can
play for the rest of the day without me having to hurry home to each all
night. It will be fun. It's been a fun time having these
kids.
Friday was such a fun
day! It started out with getting the kids fed and hair done and blow up
mattress put away all before 10:00. I had to teach lessons this morning
instead of this afternoon since I only had a couple. I decided to move
them to the morning so we could have the rest of our day free for
swimming. The kids were all so excited to go, yet I couldn't get them to
look for their suits or anything so that we could leave. It took an hour
for Janelle to put down her book and the rest of the kids to put it into gear
when I announced, "I am leaving to go swimming. If anyone would like
to join me, I am leaving right now." and I walked out the door. That
got them up and moving super fast! Jenna screamed, "Please take me
with you! Don't leave without me!" After that I had everyone
in the Yukkon in about 30 seconds. We went to Lee's for water bottles and
a few treats that do well in the sun, such as tootsie rolls and
starburts. Then we headed over to Little Caesars and got a couple of
pizzas. When we arrived at the swimming place just a few minutes from
home it was totally packed! We had to park at the school across the street.
The line was super long, so while we were doing that, I put sunscreen on
everyone. When we finally got inside, I sent Abbee a text and she could
just walk right in and give her name instead of wait in line.
The kids had an absolute blast! It's like a playground in the swimming
pool. Most of the pool is 4 feet or less. And that 4 feet isn't
much, just the whirlpool and where one of the water slides are. It's very
kid friendly. There is a diving area and lap pool area as well in another
pool. Jaiden wasn't tall enough to go down the water slide, so I took her
with me. With water slides, the heavier you are, the faster you go.
She held on for dear life! I couldn't get her to let go of my legs so
that I could keep her from going under until the very end when I was screaming,
"Let go of my legs!" We went down a few times and she liked it
more and more. Janelle didn't go very fast and I asked her if she wanted
to go with me, and she said no. Afterwards though on the ride home, she
wished she would have. Janelle went off the high dive, about ten feet,
and loved that! I got some pictures of her as well as video. Most
of the rest of the water was up to Josh's waste or so, so very little kid
friendly. I was really glad Abbee was with me though so I could trade off
with her with the kids and all of us could have fun. Janelle talked me
into going off the diving board as well and thought that was funny. Josh
said I looked really silly when I went off.
We stayed until they closed, which is 5:30. Then we took off and stopped at Wendy's to eat. I was just too tired to make dinner. They thought that was fabulous. I got them home and Janelle in the shower while I met Jared over the walkway to pick him up. After everyone showered, we put in a movie, "November Christmas". 3 of the kids fell asleep. I had Jenna sleep with me. At 4:00 in the morning she woke up shouting, "Lynn, I need an otter pop!" I told her she didn't and to go back to bed. My name is really hard for her to say, so she started calling me Lynn yesterday, not Lynnie, like the rest of the family. I thought that was cute.
We stayed until they closed, which is 5:30. Then we took off and stopped at Wendy's to eat. I was just too tired to make dinner. They thought that was fabulous. I got them home and Janelle in the shower while I met Jared over the walkway to pick him up. After everyone showered, we put in a movie, "November Christmas". 3 of the kids fell asleep. I had Jenna sleep with me. At 4:00 in the morning she woke up shouting, "Lynn, I need an otter pop!" I told her she didn't and to go back to bed. My name is really hard for her to say, so she started calling me Lynn yesterday, not Lynnie, like the rest of the family. I thought that was cute.
Saturday,
This morning I got up and was ready by 7:00. I got the kids ready and fed when Rick and Wendy came to take them to my parents. I took off to get the other kids in Pleasant Grove. They only had vending machine food at BYU for breakfast, so I took them all out to eat while waiting for their parents. We had just finished when Rick called and said he was off the Pleasant Grove exit and waiting for us, so that worked out great. I met him and dropped off the boys, and then Jani and I headed for home. We stopped at the Cheesecake Factory in Salt Lake and got some of that, which is divine! Jani then slept on the way home while I was fighting to stay awake myself. I came home and took a nap, and she caught up in her journal. She is now deep cleaning my bathroom while I am heading out to go grocery shopping. I am so glad she is here this week with me. My body doesn't move too fast these days with all the arthritis in so many places, so when I do weight bearing things, like clean the tub and sinks and such, it really hurts my arms for a few days. This will be so nice to have her help me out with those jobs that it hurts so much to do. It will be nice to have my home organized for the summer.
This morning I got up and was ready by 7:00. I got the kids ready and fed when Rick and Wendy came to take them to my parents. I took off to get the other kids in Pleasant Grove. They only had vending machine food at BYU for breakfast, so I took them all out to eat while waiting for their parents. We had just finished when Rick called and said he was off the Pleasant Grove exit and waiting for us, so that worked out great. I met him and dropped off the boys, and then Jani and I headed for home. We stopped at the Cheesecake Factory in Salt Lake and got some of that, which is divine! Jani then slept on the way home while I was fighting to stay awake myself. I came home and took a nap, and she caught up in her journal. She is now deep cleaning my bathroom while I am heading out to go grocery shopping. I am so glad she is here this week with me. My body doesn't move too fast these days with all the arthritis in so many places, so when I do weight bearing things, like clean the tub and sinks and such, it really hurts my arms for a few days. This will be so nice to have her help me out with those jobs that it hurts so much to do. It will be nice to have my home organized for the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment