Thursday, June 25, 2009

Scripture Reading

The kids who memorized the theme scripture for the week got a king-sized candy bar at the end of Father's Day Flee. Our kids diligently studied and they all passed off the scripture! Tonight there was another great lesson taught by Rick. He divided everyone into two groups and we played a mean game of "Steal the Flag," (actually we played "Steal the pan" because we didn't have a flag.) Each member of the team had a squirt bottle and each team had water balloons. Whoever got hit with water had to sit down and count out loud to sixty before they could get back up and play. My team lost. They were mad at me because I wouldn't let them put their "pan" high up in a tree. I didn't know if that would be fair and so I suggested hiding it in the bushes. So now they blame their loss on me. What happened to the "Choose Your Attitude" lesson I just taught? Apparently nothing! After the game, Rick taught a lesson (about choices of course) and then we ended the night with a testimony meeting. Then the kids who had memorized their scripture passed it off.

No comments: