
Today Gerilyn and Abbee came up and we had fun swimming with them. Rick and I had been asked to do an hour long interview for an Internet Radio Station today (talking about parenting issues and our GOLD Standard book) and so Gerilyn and Abbee watched the kids while we did the interview over the phone in our condo. I have never done one before and had asked if Rick and I could do it together. Rick does impromtu speaking much better than me and so I was glad he was there! It went well (we think anyway) and I was glad to get it over with so that I could relax and enjoy the rest of our vacation. If you would like to listen to the interview click here: Answers4the family. During our interview Gerilyn and Abbee picnicked and swam with the kids.After our interview I joined the kids in the pool. I had sunscreened all of the kids (except Jase). Janelle and Jared both got burned but Jaiden was fine. Jase pretty much never burns. I didn't put any sunscreen on him and he didn't get red at all -- just tan. I wanted to get a little sun and so I waited (a little too long) to put on sunscreen and got burned and had to wear a t-shirt while swimming the whole rest of the week.
Monday night we had Family Home Evening out in the grassy area by the recreation center. Rick had everyone look up some scriptures and did an object lesson with ice-cream. He put some ice-cream on a cone and asked who wanted it. Then he spat on it several times and asked again. No one did. He compared this to people who serve with a grudge -- or who complain the whole time when asked to do a job. Serving others is like offering a gift (like the ice-cream). But if we complain or serve unwillingly it is like spitting on the gift before we offer it. It was an object lesson that hit home to our kids (or seemed to anyway!)
No comments:
Post a Comment