Every Monday night our service missionary, Elder Lee, comes over for dinner and FHE. It is nice because it forces me to straighten up the house and fix a nice meal, even though sometimes I really don't want to! But tonight I got the evening off because our hearing ward was having a BBQ at the park. So Janika whipped up a yummy potato salad and we invited Elder Lee along. He is so cute with our kids and he kept Jenna happily entertained the whole time! I actually got an entire conversation in with a few people -- it was wonderful! I was also able to meet several people who have moved in since we were called to the Deaf Branch three years ago. The new people all probably think we are either inactive or brand new to the area, so it is good to finally meet some of them and learn that we have kids similar ages that we need to get together for play-dates! Thank goodness for ward BBQ's to pull people together!
Monday, April 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment