Monday, April 18, 2011

"Once Upon a Dream"

Tonight was closing night for the High School's Disney Review, "Once Upon a Dream."  Janika is off partying at Dennys with all of her friends from the show.  Janika had such a blast being in this show and made a lot of new friends.  She was excited that she was chosen for the solo, "Reflection" from Mulan.  Rick helped with some of the numbers and thought it would be cool to have a dancer (Janika's friend, Maddie Pemberton) come out and dance while Janika sang.  They are about the same size and both have long brown hair the same length.  So Maddie was Janika's "reflection."  The number turned out really pretty.



Janika also played "Mulan" in "A Girl Worth Fighting For" and "I'll Make a Man Out of You,"  and she was  Simba's "girlfriend" in "Just Can't Wait to be King."  Rick spent several hours helping out with some of the numbers.  He was asked to choreograph "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," (wow, I can't believe I actually spelled that right without even looking) and it turned out so cute!  I thought it was one of the best numbers in the whole show.  Janika is sad that the show is ending but we will be glad to finally see our daughter again.  And her brothers will be glad since they are sick of doing all of Janika's chores!  (I didn't get pictures in all of her costumes so hopefully she did and I can add them later).  Here is the cast warming up? before the show:
Curtain Call...

Backstage...

 We always knew Janika was talented...!
  "I Just Can't Wait to Be King"


No comments: