Sunday, May 23, 2010
Do you know what "Tuffet" means?
This morning Jaiden said, "Do you know what 'Tuffet' means?" Then she whispered in a conspiratorial voice, "It means..."bum." You know -- 'little miss muffet, sat on her (pause for effect) ....tuffet." I wasn't quite sure what a "tuffet" was but I was pretty positive it wasn't a bum. I thought maybe it was a little cushion or pillow. Actually, according to dictionary.com a "tuffet" is a low stool or footstool. You would think from growing up with the Nursery Rhyme that I would know what a tuffet is. Now I know -- and so does Jaiden. But I wonder...what exactly is "curds and whey?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just googled curds and whey and they are the lumps and liquid in cottage cheese. I guess we've all eaten them.
Christin
Lol. I'm going to start switching the word "tuffet" for bum in my conversations. Even if it is not the correct definition, it is funny.
Post a Comment