Saturday, May 22, 2010

What was lost is found!

Guess what?  We found my missing keys!  (Another benefit of our yard sale!)  Remember my set of keys that Jenna lost a month ago?  Well, Jared just found them in a little used drawer of our armoire underneath all of the contents.   I was thrilled!  I replaced our van keys a couple of weeks ago -- the key of the big van cost less than $2.00 to replace, the key of the blue van cost almost $70.00 to replace!  I was shocked!  It is because it was one of those anti-theft keys that has a special chip in it.  I had wondered why I had never gotten a spare made.  After I learned how much it cost I understood.  When we lost our keys that evening several weeks ago, we prayed and prayed to find them.  Janelle wondered why Heavenly Father wasn't answering our prayers.  Later on Jared mentioned that Heavenly Father always answers prayers but not always immediately (or in the way) we want.   I suggested that perhaps Heavenly Father didn't answer our prayer right away because He wanted us to get a spare key made so that we would be prepared if anything like this ever happened again.  Now we have an answered prayer -- and my keys -- AND a spare.  We are prepared.  A "thank you" prayer is in order.

No comments: