Monday, October 4, 2010

72 Hour Kits


This is what we did for FHE tonight. We thought it would be a nice tradition every conference to update our 72 hours kits. Six months from now we can pull them out and the kids can eat the treats during conference. Then we can replace the food and water. We still have a ways to go before they are as complete as they need to be but at least it is a start.

We have had rain and thunderstorms on and off this past weekend. Tonight's rumble of thunder provided a perfect ambiance for our quest for preparedness. The kids had a lot of questions about emergencies and why we needed to have 72 hour kits. The discussion caused a bit of worry in our sensitive 7 year old and we had to assure her that everything was fine, but we needed to be prepared in case anything ever happened. We still have lots to do to become more prepared for emergencies but it is nice to have this little piece done!

1 comment:

JenB said...

I can't talk about lots of things with Keaton, so many things make him nervous or will give him nightmares. Callahan had asked me what the Hunger Games series was about, and I was giving him a quick summary when I noticed Keaton listening with big eyes and I had to hurry and say "it's made up, it's NOT real!"

Do you have enough backpacks to let those ones not be in use for other stuff?