Here is the pumpkin from Jared's pack meeting tonight. All of the kids got to help decorate it and had a great time.
I was at class and so I had to miss it. Then I went shopping for two friend birthday parties coming up this week.
Tonight Jase stayed up until 11:00 finishing his book report on "The Bone Magician." Jared stayed up with him to help him color it. The middle part with the coffin is a puzzle and each piece is intricately designed and colored on the back. I didn't get a picture of that part but it looked really neat. I recall book reports from my day being just that -- a report on a book. But our kids have book reports that include puzzles, a book in a can, putting together a giant newspaper about the book, making a wanted poster and so on. I have mixed feelings about them because my boys tend to stress over them (and procrastinate until the last minute) and they always seem to need help on them. Janika never asked for any help on hers and so I wasn't hit with the lists of complicated detailed directions until the boys came along. Fun, fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment